Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mexican Expelled From Morocco

The Moroccan Board News Service posts this testimony of a Mexican working in the north of Morocco for Gateway Medical Alliance. From his article, he had nothing to do with missionary activity.

He was charged with being a threat to the national peace of Morocco:
The official written accusation for my ejection was that I was “considered a threat to the national peace of Morocco.” After telling me in Spanish what was written in Arabic they asked me to sign the document. I told them that I was not willing to sign it since that paper did not describe who I really am. I told them that for the last three years of living in Morocco I have been trying to build peace through working with people with special needs and living in harmony with my neighbors. I also said that I have never spoken or acted against national laws, traditions, national religion or national symbols therefore I refused to sign that paper full of lies about me.

Apparently this is common:
The Spanish customs police received me with a nice supportive attitude and sympathy. After asking me normal customs questions and then hearing of my ejection from Morocco, they stamped my passport and added: “Sir, don’t worry, we are used to seeing this kind of behavior from the Moroccan police. This is their normal way of working.”

No comments:

Post a Comment